Saturday, October 2, 2010

Week One: Beginning of Semester Reflection

I have known since I was a child that I wanted to teach others. I enjoy teaching; I am good at teaching.It’s something that is engrained in me and that I know I was created to do. Teaching others requires patience, organization, modeling, quick thinking, empathy, and so many other things. I believe that I am those things, or at least that I possess a fair amount of each of those things. That is why I want to be a teacher.

I want to teach fourth grade. From my experience, that is a great age. I am still bigger than the students (most of them anyway) yet they are old enough to be able to have a more intellectual conversation with you. It’s not only about Barney or trash cans as many of my best friend’s stories surround (she’s a pre-school and second grade teacher). I had a really amazing fourth grade year and I think that that is a large reason for why I want to teach this grade. I like grades three, four, and five, but four would be my current preference.


I am really excited about this class; it has been one that I have looked forward to for a while. I am pretty good at figuring out technology, but being in a class designed to teach me all of these cool things is really exciting. I am excited to learn how to integrate technology into every subject. I am excited to grow and be challenged by technology.

1 comment:

  1. Kayli :) Hola! I think we have something in common...besides the Ed classes we have, we also want to teach 4th grade! I had a wonderful 4th grade experience when I was in elementary and I also had a wonderful experience as an Education Assistant for 4th grade... They are big enough to do things by themselves yet young enough to still ask for help.... teachers really do matter to 4th graders :) You will be a wonderful teacher Kayli.. Your smile lights up a room!----yajaira garza

    ReplyDelete