Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Reflection #7: Students Reading Books for Podcasts

Josiah:

Ryan:


Quinlan:


To encourage the boys that I nanny to read, I told them that I would record them and put them on my blog. It was great incentive! I told them that I've had people from different countries and different states look at the blog and that got them really excited. It made for a good geography lesson in the midst of reading. Someone from California looked at the blog. My boys have family in CA, so they really connected to that--got them really excited.

I would like to be able to do this more--maybe next time they'll have to practice a little more to be more confident in their reading skills. I would really like to help Quinn know that he knows the words--almost all of them!--he just need to be confident, and patient, enough to read them.

I am excited for what this can mean for future students! (And my boys!)

No comments:

Post a Comment